Sunday, January 1, 2012
35 Awesome Quotes from Einstein
Since 1986, every innovation workshop I've facilitated has included a poster of Albert Einstein.
Somehow, Einstein's smiling countenance inspires everyone in the room — no matter what their social style, gender, or title.
The only thing I find more fascinating than this is the incredible amount of powerful quotes he left behind.
1. "The only real valuable thing is intuition."
2. "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
3. "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."
4. "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
5. "The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."
6. "The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge."
7. "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
8. "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
9. "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
10. "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
11. "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
12. "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
13. "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
14. "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."
15. "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity."
16. "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
17. "What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world."
18. "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."
19. "A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
20. "A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?"
21. "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
22. "Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts."
23. "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
24. "Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."
25. "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
26. "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
27. "I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right."
28. "The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive."
29. "Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
30. "We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us."
31. "You ask me if I keep a notebook to record my great ideas. I've only ever had one."
32. "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
33. "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
34. "Not everything that counts can be counted; and not everything that can be counted counts."
35. "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
Filed under Blog of Father Richard Dalton by FrDalton